NOTE: Many of these Swahili exercises require the Flash plug-in.
Instructions: Click on the word to hear it pronounced. Flash required for some modules.
Online recordings of Swahili songs
Instructions: In this "Concentration" like game, you have a certain number of attempts to match the English and Swahili pairs together. Eash miss causes you to lose a point. The higher the score, the better your Swahili. The Flash plug-in is required.
- Adjectives (matching)
- Parts of the Body (b) (matching)
- Colors (matching)
- Colors with Nouns (matching)
- Days of the Week (a) (matching)
- Days of the Week (b) (matching)
- Family (matching)
- Nouns (singular and plural - a)(matching)
- Nouns (singular and plural - b)(matching)
- Nouns (singular and plural - c)(matching)
- Nouns (singular and plural - d)(matching)
- Numbers 1 to 10 (matching)
- Numbers Misc. (matching)
- Adjectives with Nouns (matching)
- Parts of the Body (a) (matching)
Follow the instructions for each quiz. Links are outside of Penn State and may not function as expected.
Quia (4 types - time)
Quia (hangman - colors)
Image Description Writing Exercise - Describe an image selected by your instructor using Swahili.
Introductions Audio Exercise - Listen to the passage and fill in the missing words in the form.
River Scene - Roll over different parts of the image to see the Swahili words.
Time - A time-telling Flash exercise. Follow the instructions given in the module.